Control the Idiot’s Lantern with this Sonic Screwdriver remote!
The Wand Company has announced a new frontier in remote control technology. The Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote Control!
The Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote, in the style of the 11th Doctor, uses 13 different gestures (swish and flick!) with infrared technology to control just about any entertainment system you have.
With a green flashing tip and an impressive four operational modes – including a practice mode – and three memory banks, a total of 39 commands can be stored in the Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote Control, giving aspiring Time Lord’s the option of operating multiple home entertainment devices with different flicks of the wrist.
The remote will be available on August 31st from ThinkGeek and other awesome retailers. Nerdy specs after the jump.
Nerdy Specifications (via ThinkGeek)
- Control your Earth-based electronics with this timey wimey device
- Fully functioning programmable infrared remote control
- Gesture-based remote uses IR to control entertainment systems
- Up to 39 remote control codes can be stored in the Sonic Screwdriver
- Guided setup teaches you how to use the sonic with spoken prompts
- Four modes:
- Practice mode: Learn your gestures
- Control mode: Control your electronics
- Quiet Control mode: Control your electronics, quietly
- FX Mode: 13 authentic special FX sounds from the Doctor Who universe
- Bright illuminating tip lights up and pulses when in standby
- Personal lock code lets you keep the power all to yourself
- Materials: hand-polished die cast metal, ABS plastic, soft-touch plastic, copper plating
- Compatibility: Virtually all home entertainment systems
- In the box, you’ll find:
- Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote Control
- High quality presentation display stand with clear cover
- Full color, illustrated instruction manual
- Batteries: 2x AAA (not included)
- Display case dimensions: approx. 10.8″ x 3″ x 2.2″
- Sonic screwdriver dimensions: 2.33 x 10-17 light years long
- Weight: 14.8 ounces (0.9 lbs)