Social Media is Gay
- 54% of gay and lesbian adults polled read blogs as opposed to 40% heteros.
- 25% of those G&L’s said they read entertainment and pop culture blogs, breeders: 16%.
- 28% of G&L’s read personal blogs, 19% of heteros.
- Politics blogs were number one among the G&L’s asked with 36%, as opposed to 25% of straights.
- What about Facebook? G&L: 73%, Hetero: 65%.
- Twitter? G&L: 29%, Hetero: 15%.
The gay community has clearly embraced social media technology, no doubt in part to the lack of GLBT relevant topics in mainstream media. I’d also speculate that that those using these tools for communication are the younger generation, where homosexuality is more accepted.
I for one welcome our fabulous new overlords.